Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Work in Progress, Seven Sisters Inn, Update 9



            Finished with the painting. I left it alone for a few days, then came back to a few times and made some small adjustments here and there - a bit more to the grass, a little more blue to the shadow of the live oak in the foreground. It is possible to go back and make some change but you have to decide when the changes aren’t substantial any more and are they really making a difference. It’s also possible to wreck the painting by overworking it. So, I’m calling this one finished.

            My next work will be a change of pace in some respects. Since I’m specializing in Home Portraits, Architectural and Historical Buildings, my next rendering will be a Home. But, since I’m trying to show a variety of techniques, I will be working with pen and ink and pen and ink with watercolor for the next two renderings. This will be a change for me since I haven’t worked with pen and ink for many years, but I’m anxious to get started. So, watch for next week’s post.

No comments:

Post a Comment