Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Work In Progress: Board Of Directors Meeting, Update 2

Work In Progress: Board of Directors Meeting (Pelicans), Update 2
            The last week has been a little rough for me. I’ve had some arthritis and back issues and, just recently, a bad cold and flu. They’ve kept me from accomplishing much work on the painting. I’ve been nursing myself, along with my wife’s incredible help, back because we’ve got reservations at a cabin in the mountains soon and we’re anxious to spend time enjoying the fall foliage, a pastime we find most relaxing. I’m also preparing for upcoming festivals and colored pencil and figurative drawing classes, and helping my granddaughter with an insightful science project, one involving the deleterious effects of climate change on marine shellfish. So, things are a bit hectic to say the least.

I have completed a pencil drawing of the Board of Directors Meeting and I present it here. I’m pleased with the way it’s come out so far. It is fairly straightforward, so I don’t think the value and color sketches will be a big departure from the original photo. What I have to make a decision on is the medium. At the moment I’m thinking, either all colored pencil, all pastel, or a combination of the two. Should have that decided soon. I’m anxious to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment