Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Work In Progress: Osprey: Lover’s Key, Florida Update 6



            This past week has been a busy one for me – and involved a lot of painting. Only the painting I was doing was not painting landscapes but painting walls, baseboards and closets. So, I didn’t accomplish nearly as much as I had hoped on the Osprey painting.
            My daughter is pregnant with twins – a boy and a girl – and, along with raising two other young and active children, running a household, and working toward a college degree in her “spare time”, she is quite busy getting everything ready for their arrival – in December. Part of that preparation involved re-painting a room which will become the twins’ upon their arrival. Since I have some expertise in painting, I volunteered to help paint the room, and spent most of last week finishing up trim and baseboard, painting along the ceiling, around windows and inside a closet. To make matters worse, the previous color was so dark that it took four coats of fresh paint to fully cover it.
            Needless to say, family matters and responsibilities trump all others. I was happy to help, and do my part to make my daughter’s life a bit easier. She and her mother spent much of the weekend gathering material to make truly unique curtains for the room.
As a result, I wasn’t able to make much progress on the Osprey. I had hoped to have the color sketches finished by today but failed in that regard. I have made a dent in it and will be posting them as soon as possible. At any event, they will be posted by mid week next week, on my usual day

No comments:

Post a Comment