Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Work in Progress: Seven Sisters Inn, Update 5



This past week I pretty much completed the House. The House is the most detailed object in the painting and the one that took the most time. The rest of the trim work was added, the multicolored blue boards on the front and the side and more shading. I put in the detail on the roofing shingles and darkened the lower roof over the porch.
Just for a change of pace I started roughing in the shrub just off the porch and the hedges on the side of the House. I also re-drew my lines for the remaining part of the painting – the lawn, the low border concrete wall, the sidewalk and tree-form shrubs out near the sidewalk. I also drew in the sign on the front lawn.
After the House, I’ll start painting in those areas I just mentioned. They are not as detailed and can be painted in looser. Next week’s Update will show a dramatic change as most of the surrounding landscape will be roughed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment