Friday, April 4, 2014

Work in Progress: Sandpipers, Update 7



 All Sandpipers are pretty much complete, except for some final touches, which I’ll look at near the end. Last week I blocked in the colors for the seaweed and now I’ve completed coloring them. Just the smaller clump remains in the front. I’ve also worked in the reflection of the larger clump in the foreground and I added a bit more reflection to the clump on the right, behind the bird that is leaning over with its bill in the water.

At first I was a bit unsure how to handle the reflection of the Sandpiper with outstretched wings. Should I break it up more toward the bottom or not? After looking through other photos of birds standing in water I decided it should be treated just as the other birds were. Although the reflection takes up more space it is still relatively close to the bird and should hold together fairly well. If I was doing a large structure, the reflection would break up more near the bottom. It also depends on the water. This water is very shallow and fairly smooth with only a bit of rippling, so the reflections should be pretty stable, with broken edges. I think it looks realistic and natural. Any thoughts on the subject?

All I have left now is a bit more of seaweed and the sea foam. Maybe just one more week

No comments:

Post a Comment